Friday, February 25, 2011

Superstar Eggs and JEJEng Panlasa.

Oliver: Gusto mo eggs with truffle oil?

Iris: Ayaw.

Bea: Ako gusto ko.

Oliver: Ikaw magluto ng iyo.

I wasn't done sulking about the truffle eggs when THE chef came to our table in his full scuba diving outfit.

Chef: Good morning!

Bea: Good morning chef! Oliver doesn't want to cook me eggs.

Chef: (look of confusion) ok... Then I guess I'll do it myself.

And it was brought to everyone's attention that THE chef was preparing my eggs for breakfast. In his wetsuit. I'm kilig with great cooks okay?

I watched him as he expertly whisked my eggs. While at it, Oli and Chef were talking about how the truffle oil was "private stash" material and was of very good quality and blah blah blah. I really couldn't care less about the oil. My gosh basta top chef ka, pwede na! He was even talking to another chef in French. Sobra akong starstruck, nakakahiya. 

Unfortunately, I never got all the fuss about truffle oil. HINDI KO SYA MALASAHAN OKAY. I mean, I know it's there, pero it's just there!!! It doesn't do magic in my mouth like Jollibee double yum with cheese does. 



Everyone who had a taste loved it. Me? I liked it. But to choose between this and my regular plain, overcooked scrambled eggs with a little salt? I think I'd rather the latter. I'M SORRY OKAY!!! It's not the eggs!!! It's me. It really is me. 

Thank you to a wonderful chef for the most amazing breakfast eggs I've ever experienced.

But, i don't think my palette is educated enough. I think I may even have jejemon taste buds. 

Please don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment