Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friday Dinner

I don't mean to brag, but can I just say that last friday I had the BEST Laksa noodle soup ever? Sorry I wasn't able to take any photos but it was just sooooo good. Too good for words. I may not understand eggs but laksa noodles and hainanese chicken rice? THAT I understand completely. 

Last weekend, Chef See and Chef Mark from Enderun came by the resort to dive. I don't know how my brother arranges it exactly, but when the Chefs come over, they always have a great dinner prepared for everyone. The resort had full bookings after it was released that Chef See and Chef Mark were coming to make dinner. 

I must say that this probably was one of the best dinners I had recently. Almost everyone stayed at the dining room for about 5 hours! talo ang claude tayag. We had very good friends there with us and a couple of new ones that we were more than happy to have shared the night with. It started with laptops here and Ipads there and ended with wine and lots of great stories to tell.

This was at sundown, when Oli was setting up his "mini" Dj area. I don't know what happened to his bigger toys. Where are they now?


Hainanese chicken rice is happiness. This one is love.  

Oh, and could I just share that before it was cooked, the chickens were brought to the resort literally alive and the dogs were biting their pwets? Kawawa chickens. They had to suffer doggie torture before they died.  Pero I guess ok lang, they did not die in vain. Yummy.

We had pannacotta for dessert. Cute ang picture so I'm posting.




After dessert, there was commotion on the Chef's table. Apparently, Chef Mark was not yet done harassing his "utusan" for the day, Nick. He's been yelling at Nick the whole day and it wasn't over.  It was announced that "chef" Nick was going to prepare a dessert, Iron Chef style, before he can be allowed to go home. There were a few green mangoes lying on the table and he was challenged--more like commanded-- to create something out of those green mangoes. So from green mango fruits, he created this:


I'm not really good with pictures. This was his mangoes, cooked in butter and honey and his choice of spices. It was topped with julienned green apples and cubes of sweet watermelons. Warm cream with cinnamon was poured and it was finished off with fried lumpia wrappers coated with icing sugar. "Chef" Nick had to choose one guest to try his dish and judge it accordingly. I swear, parang reality TV talaga. Nick had to present and explain his dish while everybody listened.


The dessert pleased his judged and poor Nick was sent back to the kitchen to make more of the dessert for everyone. Kawawa. This is Nick tormented my his mentors:

Chef Mark, "chef" Nick and Chef See

If I were Nick, siguro umiyak nalang ako.




I'm so excited for the next Chef See episode that I've already made calls to have king crabs and prawns shipped from Cotabato. yehey.



Thank you thank you to a wonderful wonderful Friday. Everything was perfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment