Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mr. Perfect

A while ago, over a pitcher of Tang Mandarin Orange, Victor and I were seriously discussing the sad, sad state of my non existent love life. You see, I'm turning 26 in a month. 26. As JC David would say, that's already on the other side of your  20's.
When you're Chinese and 26 and just-got-back-to-zero-single, it's no joke. Thoughts of spinsterhood come creeping in every now and then. You think your market value declines a point every single day. And so in that second of worry and anxiety, I asked Victor to find me a Mr. Perfect.
He asked me for my requirements.

I only had 3.

1) Should be adventurous.
2) Should be driven, have goals, and have passion for whatever he does.
3) Should be able to buy me whatever that I can afford for myself.

Viola, right then and there, he thought of the perfect guy for me. With all 3 points in the bag.

Bruce Wayne

Or more popularly known as BATMAN.


True, true. Tama nga naman. 
1) Bruce Wayne is very adventurous. He's Batman, for crying out loud. Adventurous na, mysterious pa!
2) He's driven. Goal nya maka save ng madaming tao. And as far as I know, nagagawa nya naman diba?
3) He's rich. Batmobile and butler Alfred. 'nuff said.

 Victor says my requirements were ludicrously fictional. So ok, since I am bored and I wanna act like a 16 year old, here is my non-fictional Mr. Perfect.

time started: 7:36pm

1) He needs to have nice teeth.
2) Like Bruce Wayne, I want him driven. And I really, REALLY need him to have goals, be focused, and just be the perfect package for success. NON NEGOTIABLE.
3) Should be at least 4 inches taller than I am. (I'm 5'3)
4) Should have nice socks. All the time. No worn out socks please.
5) Should be able to finish a Charlie's double black angus with fries on the side and Buffalo wings to share with me.
6) Plays basketball with friends, preferably on a weekday night or a weekend morning.
7) Its not necessary for him to be outdoorsy, but I can't have him whining when I'm trying to be outdoorsy.
8) No gangsta music please.
9) Snores.
10) good skin is a plus. I want nice genes for future babies.
11) Last name should have at least 2 syllables.
12) I want him to be the type of guy who gets eternally annoyed when I ask him to buy me flowers. But he'll buy me anyway.
13) At least 6 years older.
14) Does not get easily bullied by me.
15) Difficult.
16) Has reasonably high levels of E.Q.
17) Should be able to carry a conversation with my brothers. :|
18) Should be able to hang out with my brothers' friends. :|
19) Should be liked by my brothers. :| :| :|
20) He will control me when I don't wanna be controlled.
21) And he will be mad when I try to control him.
22)  I should see a bit of his dorsal venous in his hand and lower arm. Like a golfer's arm. But doesn't necessarily need to play golf. I just like strong hands. That's all.
23) SHOULD NOT BE OBSESSED WITH CARS. ergh.
24) I don't want him to have a small digicam.
25) Likes to travel.
26) Likes nice hotels.
27) He should know the ins and outs of his business.
28) He should know something about fixing cars.
29) It should be ok for him to wear board shorts anywhere.
30) Please let him look dashingly debonaire whenever I need him to.
31) He's not magastos.
32) And he will influence me to be not magastos.
33) He can be a picky eater.
34) His car is makalat.
35) He doesn't approve of my horseback riding, but won't stop me from riding anyway.
36) Knows his math.
37) Ok narin kahit di magaling sa grammar.
38) It should be ok for him to wear butas butas na Tshirt.
39) He shouldn't have enough care to follow this blog, or any other blog.
40) Hates colored nails.
41) He cannot NOT like dogs.
42) Hould be scared of cats, cockroaches and bees.
43) Can't be needy.
44) Won't tolerate me being needy.
45) I'm bored na pakshet. Kay Batman nalang ako.

Time ended: 9:11pm

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? But who am I to dash someone's hopes?

    ReplyDelete