Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bedtime Horrors.

I have taken babysitting to the next level--- I took Chanelle to Anilao with me for 3 nights. 

I bought her a complete set of gear perfect for the Anilao baby warrior.


I also bought her an inflatable boat that didn't have paddles with the set. BIG MISTAKE. She bugged me non stop until I was able to produce a definitely-not-kid-friendly paddle made from plywood. 

And you know how my mom denies her excitement for an apo? Tsk tsk. 



Poor Chanelle, by our second day she was literally running away from my mom. She hated the gigil kisses and gigil hugs. Kawawang harassed na bata.

3 nights = 3 bedtime dramas. QUE HORROR. 

Night #1: We left manila at around 1030pm. She fell asleep the moment we got to EDSA until we arrived at the resort at around 1230am. I was praying so hard that she wouldn't wake up because waking up means being up until 4am. But she woke up. and yes, we were up bargaining for sleep time until 4am. :|

Night #2: She took a nap mid afternoon but I made sure to wake her up and make her swim and play and scream all she wanted to make bedtime easier. Was it easier? NO. It took 2 hours of bedtime stories and questions and answers before she decided to sleep. Oh, and this is how she is when she's really sleepy and trying her best to be awake and entertain me. Mali mali na grammar mo, teh, tulog na tayo.




Night #3: War is war. She swam and ran around the pool THE WHOLE DAY. By 630pm she was already starting the drama at the dinner table. I fed her a little rice and a cup of yogurt. She was crying and telling me she wanted to sleep so I took her to bed. But uh oh, nakaramdam lang ng aircon new wave of energy nanaman. HUHUHU. She was obviously sleepy and was just trying to fight it. By 8pm she was complaining of hunger, so I had to be "mad" and told her that she had to eat when it was eating time and sleep when it was sleeping time. But I'm not a bad aunt naman, so I took her to the dining and gave her rice again, but this time, I left her alone on one table while I was on another. She was not allowed to speak to anyone (because if she was, she'd only ask for bottomless iced tea). She was "punished" for being difficult and for not eating at the right time and asking for food when it's bedtime. 5 minutes to her punishment, she was asleep. :| 

Crazy little girl. She's mastered the art of living the resort life, asking everyone to give her more iced tea and yogurt. She would go out on her own and ask someone to turn the TV on to Playhouse Disney.  She'd ask resort guests to fix her snorkel and swim with her. She's the definition of friendly. We were kinda worried that she'd feel homesick and ask for her mom and dad, but she never did. Nagtampo na nga mom and dad nya eh. HAHA. 

Ask her if she had fun and she'd say yes. She's willing to go 5 nights straight. But ask me the same? I'd say I had fun. But 3 nights is enough. Baka pumayat na ako pag 5 pa yan. ;)

I <3 Chanelle. Can't wait for the next love-hate trip with this kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment