Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Organic Side of Me


My friend and newest farming buddy Adrien called me this morning to ask me if I wanted to attend a seminar regarding organic farming. I was too busy to ask him about the details so i vaguely gave him a yes and asked him to email me the course outline for the 2-day seminar. After an hour, my very dependable blackberry received an outline on natural farming. Basically, it's all about inputs and techniques on farming for beginners. Includes soil management, seed and seedling treatment, nutritive cycle periods, etc, etc.

Not many would believe that I'm into planting and farming and all about the bukid life. As my brother Oliver would put it, I am a city girl stuck in the province. I don't think it's completely correct, though I should understand the context in which he told me those words. We were out on the farm that day and I wore my new Plueys, carried my cutest umbrella and screamed when i got my flowing skirt caught on dried bush twigs. So yup, he had every right to judge me at that moment.

So anyway, after reading the course outline Aids sent me, I immediately confirmed my slot and told him to reserve another because I planned to invite my cousin to attend with us. I wasn't able to ask him the venue of the seminar until later in the evening. He sent me a text saying it will be held in Flor's Garden Rizal. I googled.  Click to see Flor's Garden

I can't believe it. It looks like my dream farm! A little of this and a little of that. An ornamental garden and a tea garden and a small aviary and an herb garden and a small fish pond and a nursery and free range chickens and pot bellied pigs and a cafe and a large orchard. THIS IS MY GOAL. I've been wanting to visit other farms in Batangas to learn get ideas on farm layouts but I never had a time. So I'm really looking forward for this seminar. Hopefully I learn a lot of new things and get new ideas on how to cultivate my own farm. :)


This, ladies and gentlemen, is Farmville Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment